Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Day One

Stop the madness...blog-day one.

Well here I am in all my glory. I can't understand why anyone would want to read the claptrap that spews from my brain, but I guess everyone needs a good laugh now and then.

Lately I've been exploring alternatives to help break free of the clutches of the evil empire also known as Microsoft. I will be the first to admit, Windows has carved it's niche in the work place (by force) and yes, it's very easy to use...but I've become bored. So I've entered the realm of LINUX. I have experimented with many distros as of late...Ubuntu, Fedora 5, Suse, Slackware, etc. Coming from a Windows background and education I can see the good and the bad to both sides of either OS.

I heard it once said that Windows is like a car with an automatic transmission, and Linux is like that of a car with manual transmission. These words are very true. You can sit back and meander your way with Windows, or possibly learn something with Linux.

I'm basically a Linux newbie. I took Unix in college and barely passed, I mean barely...I was still in a mindset of "automatic transmisson", aka Windows. And it was my last class before graduation, and not to mention a self study class. At any rate, as time moves on I will continue to explore the world of "non-Windows". Hey, it's something to do...

No comments: