Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Day One-pt II

Interesting things these blogs. I can see how they can become addictive. When you have a mind like mine, that always seems to be in the "on" position there is always something to be said. Things are a little slow at work, but when situations do arise there is never a short supply of id.10.t's to fuel my fire.

I find myself wondering how many people get through life "faking it". I grew up with out Compact Disc's (CD's), a computer (at home or in school), and all we had for silicon entertainment was Atari. Now given todays state where a computer is just about as common in ever home as a microwave or TV you would think more people would know how to use them. Especially if their day to day work depended on it. I am constantly amazed how some folks still refer to the monitor as "the computer".

I even had a call once where a person was inquiring on what ink they should purchase for the office printer. Ok, a genuine inquiry...(what part #, brand, etc.) Then the question that came up was "should I buy both the color, and black cartridges?" My response was of course "yes", along with the part #, brand, etc. And then as a joke I said be sure to get the "white" ink too...keep in mind this conversation was via email. A few hours pass and I get another email stating "I can't find a part # for the white ink cartridge"... need I say more.

I guess the moral of this story is, yes we (I.T.) folks are all smarter than you, and yes there IS such a thing as a stupid question. When in doubt...RTFM!


BTW if your VCR is still flashing 12:00, sell everything you have and move the hills, there is no place for you here.

(((exhale)))

No comments: