Thursday, May 25, 2006

American Idol

Well, it's all over folks and thank God it is!! I got suckered into watching it this season, I usually just like to watch the really bad auditions and then move onto something else. I'm not going to go on and on about who should of won, and who didn't because I really don't care, really I don't. But I'm glad to see a guy in his late 20's with gray hair and who's been slugging it out in the bar scene get a shot at doing something big. But let's face it, it wasn't his voice that got him the win it was his stage presence and the lack thereof from McPhee.

Personally I think the whole American Idol thing is a joke, they take so-so talent dress 'em all up and put then in front of a camera to sing other peoples songs and we suck it down like it's our last meal. The really sad thing is I know Taylor Hicks has a Blues/Soul background and they are going to have him singing every candy ass song there is just to try to glom a few $$ outta him before his career burns out.

There is so much undiscovered/unsigned talent out there and they never get a chance to have thier "voice" be heard. And then there are the millions of other idiots out there who think that have talent. Personally I'm glad Talyor Hicks won, I like his style, I would gladly have him front my band anytime.

And would someone please tell me how Bucky got so far in the competition? Sheesh!

No comments: