Friday, August 24, 2007

The Electric Gypsy

I came across this photo tonight and it is just too cool not to share. It is my understanding it is the work of Jim Marshall. It was taken at the Monterey Pop Festival, one of Jimi's best live performances in my opinion. Check out the video, hell buy the video, its worth it. And get the sound track while your at it!! Early JH at his best, no holds barred, put up and shut up performance.

Contrary to popular belief this is the only time he set a guitar on fire. As for the title of this post, check out the book of the same name, its thicker than the Bible, and a much more interesting read. It was written by Harry Shapiro, and starts from the beginning all the way to his early death, and all the gear a guitar head to want to know about.

By the way, his lighter fluid of choice was Ronson ;0) And last I knew Dweezel Zappa had the guitar, or what was left of it. I can still remember where I was when I first heard this album, ok actually it was a tape. I was in 9th grade at my buddy Jason's house, we damn near wore that thing out. Thank God for the Compact Disc. Wow, I can almost hear him now...."Can you see me..."

No comments: