Friday, October 13, 2006

Yes, Kiddies it's Friday The 13th!!

But am I scared, no not really. Not more than usual. I'm more scared of breaking a hip on any other day than I am of Friday the 13th. I've done some searching on the 'net looking for why Friday the 13th is considered bad. I've found a few sites that speak of the origins of it but nothing too exciting. They are generally long and drawn out myths and legends from the 18th Century (why not the 13th Century?)

Here's an interesting tid-bit...they actually have a name for those who are afraid of this day and it's called Paraskevidekatriaphobia: Fear of Friday the 13th. Don't ask me to pronounce it, because I've tried. Maybe I'd have a better chance with a mouth full of Oreo cookies.

If you want to know what day really freaks me out it is Monday's. I don't care what date a Monday falls on, it's the simple fact that it means my weekend is over and it's time to go back to work. Don't get me wrong, I like my job I really do but there are some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed (can I get an AMEN?)

Here's a link for some extra curricular reading if you chose do to so. Urban Legends and a bunch of other crap.

At any rate I hope everyone has an uneventful Friday the 13th...hey I gotta go, I think Jason is knocking on the door.


No comments: